Press Room Operator
Posted Feb 15, 2010
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Worcester, MA apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Worcester, MA.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
1. Read and understand English
2. Basic math skills
3. Ability to lift and move heavy objects
4. How to use basic measuring instruments
5. How to use basic hand tools
Responsibilities may include:
• Setting up full progressive dies in automatic punch presses.
• Setting up and installing dies into power presses to punch, notch, cut blanks, form or draw metal plates, strips, sheets, or blanks.
• Position, align, and lock specified dies into machine ram and bed, properly and safely.
• Set stops, guides, or install jigs or fixtures for positioning work piece.
• Adjust depth and pressure of stroke
• Operate press machine to verify functioning of dies.
• Examine stamped out metal parts to detect malfunctioning machine and defects in dies.
• Read and understand part prints.
• Measure parts using optical comparators, calipers, micrometers, etc.
• Document inspection results.
• Demonstrate proper running procedures to operators.
• Run production.
Candidates must have knowledge of manufacturing methods and machine types, quality standards and mechanical aptitude (form, fit, function). Experience setting up and running multi-stage progressive dies in continuous operation is required. Skills in the setup and operation of printing presses are not applicable. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED. 1st shift. $12-$15/hr.